The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) program, which was implemented in spring 2012, includes annual assessments for
- reading and mathematics, grades 3–8
- writing at grades 4 and 7
- science at grades 5 and 8
- social studies at grade 8
- end-of-course (EOC) assessments for English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology and U.S history.
The Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS) assesses the progress that limited English proficient students make in learning the English language. Students are assessed in Listening, Speaking, Writing, and Reading.
Confidential Student Reports (NEW)
The STAAR Student Report Card also referred to as Confidential Student Reports (CSR) has been redesigned to create a family-friendly report on student progress, highlighting growth and improvement. Click on the following link to view the 8 minute STAAR report overview. STAAR Report Overview
Go to http://tea.texa.gove/studentreport/ to also find:
- Templates of the redesigned CSR for each grade level
- A list of the suggested questions for parents to ask their children's teachers or counselors
- An annotated CSR example, describing each new section