Registration for all students newly enrolling and returning will be completely online for the 2020-2021 school year.
Regardless of the method of instruction (face-to-face or remote), student registration must be completed for each student before the first day of school, August 10, 2020.
Beginning Monday, July 27th after 12:00 pm, Parent Portal will be used by all campuses and grade levels (PK-12) to enroll new and returning students to Karnes City ISD. Please read the scenarios below and follow the directions for the one(s) that apply for your family.
You must have an email address to enroll and complete online registration. If you do not have an email address and need help creating one, please call 830-780-2321 and ask for the technology department. Email must match what is currently in the KCISD student information system. If you have changed email recently, please check with your child's campus before beginning registration.
I am enrolling a kindergarten - 12th-grade student in KCISD and I have other children enrolled in KCISD. I also have a Parent Portal account.
1. Log in to Parent Portal, as you would normally. Use the drop-down from the top right-hand corner of the screen, using the drop-down and go to my account.
2. Click Enroll a New Student
3. Complete the enrollment process by filling out the required information. You will be asked to upload several documents. If you are not able to upload, contact the primary campus to schedule a time to bring these documents in for verification.
4. Once verification, by the primary campus, has taken place, you will log in to Parent Portal again link an enrolled student to continue with the registration process. You will need the Parent Portal ID for the student and their birthdate.
5. Use the drop-down from the top right-hand corner of the screen and go to my account. , complete the registration process, if it does not automatically appear on the screen.
I am registering returning students to KCISD, and I have a Parent Portal account.
1. Log in to Parent Portal, as you would normally. The red registration button should appear automatically for each child that you need to register. If not, use the drop-down from the top right-hand corner of the screen, using the drop-down and go to my account.
I am registering returning students to KCISD, and I DO NOT have an active Parent Portal account.
(see directions for Scenario #1)
For more directions on how to access and create your ParentPortal Account, click the files below.