Registration for all students newly enrolling and returning will be completely online for the 2020-2021 school year.
Regardless of the method of instruction (face-to-face or remote), student registration must be completed for each student before the first day of school, August 10, 2020.
Beginning Monday, July 27th after 12:00 pm, Parent Portal will be used by all campuses and grade levels (PK-12) to enroll new and returning students to Karnes City ISD. Please read the scenarios below and follow the directions for the one(s) that apply for your family.
You must have an email address to enroll and complete online registration. If you do not have an email address and need help creating one, please call 830-780-2321 and ask for the technology department. Email must match what is currently in the KCISD student information system. If you have changed email recently, please check with your child's campus before beginning registration.
I am enrolling a prekindergarten student in KCISD and I have no other children enrolled in KCISD.
1. You will begin by creating a Parent Portal account. A message will be sent to your email to verify your email address.
2. Log in to Parent Portal and begin New Student Enrollment.
You will be asked to upload several documents. If you are not able to upload, contact the primary campus to schedule a time to bring these documents in for verification.
2. Upon completing the enrollment, contact the Karnes City Primary Campus, 830-780-2321 to receive your Parent Portal ID and for verification.
3. Once verification has taken place, you will log in to Parent Portal again to continue with the registration process, by linking to an enrolled student.. You will need the parent portal ID and the child's birthdate.
4. Use the drop-down from the top right-hand corner of the screen and go to my account. , complete the registration process.
Welcome to Karnes City ISD!!
Karnes City ISD prekindergarten serves students eligible for prekindergarten, see below eligibility.
To be eligible for enrollment in a prekindergarten class, a child must be at four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the
national free or reduced-price lunch program... guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
- students who live within the boundaries of Karnes City ISD
- employee children who do not live within the boundaries of Karnes City ISD
- children who do not live with the boundaries of Karnes City ISD, on a tuition basis($400 a month September through May)
For more directions on how to access and create your ParentPortal Account, click the files below.