Raymond Robinson - ECHS Principal
830-780-2321 Ext. 360
Melissa Johns - ECHS Counselor
830-780-2321 Ext 365
400 Hwy 123
Karnes City, TX 78118
KCHS EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL
Welcome to Karnes City High School – Early College High School (ECHS).
ECHS is a small learning community that began its third year of operation in the 2017-18 school year. We are excited about having students from our first cohort that will be graduating with their Associate's degree from Coastal Bend College. The focus is to provide opportunities for students to become scholarly “thinkers” and “problem solvers” by implementing various instructional practices that are supported school-wide. The ECHS is a tuition-free school that puts you on the fast-track to college and if you are goal-oriented and can see a college education in your future, then ECHS is the right place for you. KCHS-ECHS students become college students starting in their freshman year of high school, when they begin taking basics at Coastal Bend College (CBC), our higher education program partner. During their four years here, students take rigorous courses that earn them a high school diploma and up to two years of college credit and/or an Associate’s degree. This approach saves students and their families a significant amount of money – and it gives students valuable exposure to campus life, making for a smoother transition between high school and higher education.
The ECHS will provide ongoing instructional support/resources, counseling services, aligned college curricula and college advising/planning to all ECHS students. Subject matter will be aligned and integrated to build relevance for students through collaborative efforts with the ECHS team including college faculty. The ECHS focus is on academics, school culture, and organizational practices that ensure each student’s potential will be fulfilled.
- Honors-level program of study for all to prepare for college-level coursework
- Standards-based curriculum that holds all students to high expectations
- Engaging instruction that emphasizes learning through inquiry
- Staff commitment to motivate and inspire students
- Mentoring of students
- Family involvement that supports student success
- College partnership that reinforces college-going culture
- Clear student behavioral norms
- Data-driven approach to curriculum, instruction, and school design
- Hiring and development of staff with skills and values that provide a culture of high expectations
- Shared leadership and collective decision-making
- Consistent academic expectations that create a college and career ready students poised for success in the post-secondary world
- Staff development that continuously improves teaching quality